Tenure-Track Assistant Professor Position in Human Neuroscience
The Psychology Department at Northwestern University, invites applications for a tenure-track Assistant Professor position in the human neurosciences, focusing on affective, social, developmental, and/or cognitive neuroscience. A Ph.D. or similar terminal degree is required. Interested candidates should submit electronically a statement of research interests, teaching interests, curriculum vitae, and copies of recent publications through the online application found at http://www.psychology.northwestern.edu/people/faculty/job-opportunities.html. Three letters of recommendation will also be required, and can be submitted by letter writers directly through the same website. Inquiries may be addressed to email@example.com. Review of applications will begin on October 15, 2016.
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States.
Please read ALL instructions and make all preparations before proceeding to application page. If you have been asked to submit a letter of recommendation for an applicant, please use the link in your email instructions instead of this page.
- Applications will only be accepted through the online form. Please make sure all documents are prepared in advance, because partial applications will not be accepted and cannot be saved. Also, please be sure all information is entered completely and accurately (especially names and email addresses), as there will be no opportunity for online revision after your application has been accepted.
- All uploaded files should be in Adobe PDF format. Files in another electronic format (e.g., MS Word) should be "saved as" or "printed to" PDF format before uploading. If you only have a paper version of a particular document, you may scan it and save it as a PDF. However, the first method is preferred, because it retains text recognition capabilities.
- Three names and email addresses for external referees are required. Your references will automatically be emailed instructions for uploading a letter of recommendation very soon after you submit your complete online application. NOTE: If you are using a professional placement or dossier service (e.g., Interfolio) to submit any or all recommendations, please use the service's address instead of your referee's address in the appropriate space. Once again, please be sure all addresses are entered correctly with no spelling errors; otherwise your referee or dossier service will not receive the instructions.
- Some things to remember when uploading your application documents:
Please note that no document may exceed 8 MB in size, so be sure to minimize the size of any large PDF files before uploading.
File names should not contain parentheses, quotation marks, or other such characters; the system will likely not accept such documents.
- When your PDF files and list of references are complete, you may proceed to the Online Application. All required fields must be filled in before you click on the "Submit Application" button. The system will not accept incomplete applications. Applications that are complete by Oct. 15, 2016 will be ensured full consideration. (References will be allowed to arrive for a week or so after the deadline.) You will receive an email confirmation shortly after your application has been received.
If you have any questions about submitting your application, please contact Laura Nevins at (847) 467-5027 or firstname.lastname@example.org.